Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Copyright Registration



I recently submitted an application for registration for a large body of work with the Copyright Office, all online. After a lot of procrastination, I was running out of excuses for not doing it.

The previous times I did it, it was all by paper submission. Online was not an option then.

There was a little bit of a learning curve doing it all online, including making a few calls to the Copyright Office to get a few questions answered. They were great, and the wait time to talk to someone was surprisingly short.

I will not delay in doing it again with the next body of work.

I can not stress enough how important it is to register one's work. If you run into a copyright infringement problem, the registration from the Copyright Office will be much more helpful than not having one.