Wednesday, May 4, 2011

12 x 12 x 12 May 2011

I took more time to play and experiment with image transfers for my May 12 x 12 x 12.


I made some acrylic "skins" of some laser printouts of some bunched up construction fences that are in a bag in my studio. At the advice of another painter who uses acrylic skins in his work, I painted 10 layers of matt medium on the printouts, and when all of the layers were dry, I rubbed the paper off of the back and voila, I had some good skins to work with.



This is a detail of what the skins look like. The picture is a little grainy due to the lack of good light when I took the picture. The actual images on the skins are quite clear.


The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" boards. If you want to know more about it, you can read past posts here on my blog, and/or you see the work I've created in this series since January 2007 on my website.