Sunday, February 13, 2011

Inspiration


There are two things that inspire me in my artwork. The main thing is orange construction fences because of their different sized and shaped grids. The other is building construction, especially buildings under construction vs already constructed, though I like them too. The grids of windows, doors, balconies and etc of the buildings gives me many ideas.


These two pictures are of Wellesley High School under construction in Wellesley MA. Thanks to Wicked Local of posting the pictures, which I hope is OK to repost. I love the grids and the colors of the construction materials in both pictures.


My town of Natick MA is also building a new high school. I'm going to have to start driving by the site frequently once the steel framing is complete. Can't wait to get some more good pictures for future use in my artwork.