Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Trying New things


I'm messing around with acrylic paints and different mediums, trying to find a good way to create my own construction fence shapes made out of paint. Here is one of the results of my first experiment. Not bad for a first try.


On Saturday I'll be attending, my friend and fellow artist, Adria Arch's Golden Acrylic Lecture Demo. I can't wait to learn more about acrylic mediums. Adria's a Golden (Paints) Working Artist. I'm also going to take her "Not Your Mother's Acrylics!" class in January, where I will get some more hands-on experience and also the benefit of picking her brain.


In the mean time, I'll play with the materials that I have in my studio that I am reasonably sure of.


And now that it's December, I think I'll use some of what I'm learning when I make my December 12 x 12 x 12, which is my monthly project where I try new ideas and techniques.