Sunday, October 10, 2010

Preparing My New Studio Space for Open Studios


This is the first thing you'll see if you came to visit me in my new studio.


Here is a close-up of all six of my Holes in The Fences Series.


I have three sections of exhibit space one the side wall. Hanging are Patterns in Fences series, Traces of Past Fences series, and my Slivers of Fences series.


This is the opposite short wall. I have 2011 calendars ready for sale during Open Studios next weekend, as well as six small Holes in the Fences series. More small pieces will hopefully be made this week.


This is my work wall, with some pieces in various stages or progress. I have 8' of wall space to work on various projects. In my in-home studio I had 40" or so or work space on the wall.

Notice the red/white rope going across the top of the picture. That's so I can hang large wet pieces up to dry. In my in-home studio, I used my shower stall which was quite narrow. I hope this setup will work well. I haven't tried it yet.


Here is a closer look at the rope.


The rope looped on a hook on one end of the room...


... and then looped on the other hook in the opposite corner.

Next step is to set up one or two racks of Recycled, Repurposed and Redesigned sweaters and scarves for Open Studios.

My studio will be open to the public during Natick Artists Open Studios, in Natick, MA on Saturday, October 16 and Sunday, October 17, 2010 from noon to 5pm. Come visit!