Friday, October 1, 2010

Furniture in New Studio Prep


I made more progress setting up my new studio yesterday. After I made two Ikea cabinets (on my own I might add!), one with a door and one with drawers, I placed them where I think I want them to be when I put the table top (which is show leaning against the wall) on them. I think the space is going to work out better than I thought, because I don't think it's going to be that tight. There should be plenty of space to move around the tables both for art making and for having visitors. I might even have room for a smallish comfy chair to chill out in.

Weekend plans are to hang the homasote on the walls, and as soon as the wall hooks arrive in the mail, hang the white metal grids, that I used during the South End Open Studios, on the wall.