Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Feng Shui In My New Studio


I started hanging artwork up in my new studio, and I also started making some new art, in anticipation of Natick Open Studios. This is how my furniture was set up when I first started working in the space.

Then yesterday I was reminded that the feng shui of the furniture placement was wrong, because my back was to the door, so I decided to rearrange my two desks.

I didn't do it only because of the feng shui. I also did it because there's a slant on the floor because the building is over a 100 years old, and my chair kept sliding across the room when I stood up, and I was nervous I'd go to sit on it and it wouldn't be there. Better to work with a slant than fight it.


I think the above arrangement will be better. I didn't have time to "stage" my space for the photo because I was busy painting. I'll clean up my tables and put my paints away before Open Studios on October 16th and 17th.