Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What I Did On My Summer Vacation


This summer I created twelve pieces in the Holes from Webs Series (the top six are 24" x 18" x 1.5", and the bottom six are 6" x 6" x .75").


I also designed a 2011 calendar, cleaned my in-home studio (almost all of the way), did more web design than usual during the summer (when it's usually slow), read the book Water for Elephants (in anticipation of the movie's 4/15/11 release), and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking (with my personal chef AKA my husband). Most of the colors in the kitchen were reds and purples but not only.







Besides the fact that it was hotter this summer than I can remember, and I don't like hot weather, it was a good summer. I'm really glad cooler weather is on the way, and I'm looking forward to making more art (and helping with the cooking).