Wednesday, September 22, 2010

New Studio Space


I got the keys today for Studio 3 at 43 Main Street, in downtown Natick, Massachusetts. I'm going to start getting the space ready so I can move in ASAP.


This is a huge change after working in my in-home studio for 20+ years. My plan is to work in the studio and also in my in-home studio, depending on my schedule.


This studio is very small, 177 square feet, but it's going to be a good transition space for me. It's two miles from my house so I can drive or walk there, and there are many advantages in being situated in Natick Center.


These pictures show the space empty. I will soon paint the walls white, and also hang homasote so I have a better wall surface for easy hanging of art in progress and finished.


I don't think I'll make much progress prepping the space this week because I'm getting ready to exhibit at the South End Open Studios in the group space at the Franklin Institute, 41 Berkeley Street in 
Boston, MA, on Saturday, September 25 & Sunday, September 26, 2010, from 11am - 6pm.


My main goal is having the space ready a few weeks before Natick Artists Open Studios on Saturday, October 16 & Sunday, October 17, 2010. I look forward to finally be exhibiting in my own space.