Monday, April 5, 2010

12 x 12 x 12 April 2010


I decided to try the first in what will soon be a new series, that I'm going to call "Holes in the Fences," as inspiration for my April 12 x 12 x 12 piece.

After completing my first three "Weathered Fences," I have a nice collection of the holes that I cut out of the fabric, which I saved with no specific plan on what to do with them. After some thought, I decided to use them for the new series, and that "Holes in the Fences" would be a great name for it.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on canvas and measure 12" x 12" x 1". "Holes in the Fences" will be mixed media on cradled boards that are 12" x 12" x .75". I hope to be able to work on them shortly.

If you want to know more about the 12 x 12 x 12 series, you can read past posts about it here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.