Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 12 x 12 x 12 Series Review



Since 2007, I've made one 12" x 12" mixed media piece each month, titled my "12 x 12 x 12 Series." The purpose has been to create work that's the same size, on a monthly basis, and to continue printing from construction fences.

When working on smaller vs bigger work, the scale changes, as does the texture of the work. It's been an interesting challenge for me to use construction fences in a different way for my 12" x 12" pieces than I do for my larger "Orange Construction Fence Series" (I'll post a 2009 summary about them tomorrow).

I have to say that I like how most of these pieces turned out, but not all. I have a rule to finish each piece once I start it, whether I like it or not. Usually I can "save" the ones I don't like, but not always. It's a good challenge, and a good learning experience.

All of my 2009 12 x 12 x 12 Series pieces are on my website, where you can also see more information about each one.

At the current time, I do plan on continuing this series into 2010.