Saturday, October 24, 2009

Solo Show Final Prep


I'm hanging my solo show at the Hunt Cavanagh Gallery, at Providence College, in Providence, RI tomorrow.


I'm making my final preparations, today. Final thoughts/decisons about what pieces will get hung where in the Gallery. I'm making labels for the walls, a sign, attaching hangers to my 12 x 12 x 12's, cutting sticks for hanging my Orange Construction Fence Series. I've already made a book with my artist's statement, my resume, and other info about me and my work.

I have totally outgrown my home studio, which is a small room in my house. I have a lot of larger work laying on the double bed in our guest room, AKA my son's old room. There are also 8+ 12 x 12 x 12's leaning against the wall at the entry way to my bedroom because I ran out of space for them to dry after glueing them to stretched canvases.

The picture at the top of this post shows the top of the pile of work that is currently laying on the guest bed, Orange Construction Fence Series #32/71 which is on top of Orange Construction Fence Series #68. This gives me SO many ideas for future work. One full piece hung on the wall, with a cut piece hanging in front of it. I really wish there was more time in the day so I could get more work done. I have so many ideas and not enough time.