Thursday, October 15, 2009

Open Studios Set Up



I am dropping Recycled Multi Fence Series #5 off at Gallery 55 in Natick, MA today, for the Natick Open Studios Group Exhibit. The Gallery is small, and there are 60 artists participating in Natick Open Studios, so I decided to show a small (6" x 6") piece instead of a larger one. The reception for the Group Exhibit is tomorrow night, and serves as a kick off celebration for Open Studios.

Also today, I'm moving my work in, and setting up my space, at Virginia Fitzgerald’s studio at the Winchell Building, on the 2nd floor, 25 Washington Ave, here in Natick, MA. I'll post pictures after I'm all set up.

I'm looking forward to assembling the garment rack I purchased, and hanging all of the 35 sweaters on it, so I can see them all together. If there's enough time and light, I may photograph all of them in Virginia's studio because there's not enough light in mine. At least not enough for the darker sweaters.

All of the Recycled Multi Fence Series, are 6" x 6" and mounted on canvas. I will have many of these pieces at Open Studios, many other smaller and bigger pieces from various series, as well as calendars, sweaters, my book.

Natick Artists Open Studios are this weekend, Saturday October 17 and Sunday October 18, from noon-5pm each day.