Friday, October 30, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 October 2009


Better late in the month than never. I finally had time to create my 12 x 12 x 12 October 2009 piece, after spending most of the month prepping and participating in Open Studios, and prepping and hanging my solo show, all within the past few weeks.

Except for working on my 12 x 12 x 12 September 2009 piece, these are the only works of art (not including my sweaters) that I have had time to do since August. This is rather unusual for me, and I must admit when I finally got to work on my October piece, I felt a bit rusty and unsure of what to do.

This work is created with leftover strips/scraps from previous work. I sewed them together to create a 16" square-ish shape, added more paint, did some stitching, cut them apart, sewed them back together again in a different configuration, and then did some more stitching. To be perfectly honest, when I was working on it in the beginning, I thought I had a disaster going on, but I think I saved it.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.