Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweaters / Buttons


I have a fair amount of work to do on the 35 sweaters I've redesigned. When we had hot weather in August I couldn't bear to touch the wool because it was just too uncomfortable to do, AC or not. Now that we're back to weather in the 70's and lower, it's time to get going again.

Fourteen sweaters already have buttons or zippers, and 21 need buttons, which I'm starting to do now. For the sweaters that take large buttons, I plan on covering my own. I have found out through experience that it's hard to make small covered buttons, so I broke down and did a bit of button shopping last week.

After I add the buttons, I'll sew on the clothing labels, which are on order. When they arrive (soon), I'll post what they look like and talk about the name I've given my sweater line. I'm also planning on setting up some sort of web presence before I start showing/selling the sweaters for the first time during Natick Artists Open Studios on October 18th and 19th.

I had a goal of creating 50 sweaters by Labor Day, which was just a number I randomly picked. I think 35 is a good number to start the season with. As I have time, I'll make more, seeing that it's sweater season in New England through at least March.