Sunday, September 13, 2009

French Style Female Mannequin


I ordered a French style female mannequin on ebay that's similar to this one, and I can't wait till she arrives. She's going to be used to model the sweaters I've redesigned at Natick Artists Open Studios on October 18th and 19th, as well as (hopefully) a few other venues.

There were many mannequin options available at different price points, but I went for a black one for the contrast, that will be easier to keep clean(?), and also one that is pinnable, just in case I decide I need to pin fabric/clothing to her Project Runway style.

I learned that French style female mannequins have broader shoulders and hips than traditional style female mannequins. I wanted to get a mannequin with a more realistic female shape instead of a petite shape. It felt like a more realistic shape.

I'll post pictures of our new roommate wearing a sweater, after she arrives. :)