Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekly Update - Front and Back Yard Installations


This past week, my front and back yard installations got to experience hazy, hot and humid conditions. They've lived outside in a lot of rain this summer, but did not experience a week plus with over 70% humidity. For the first 2.5 months outside, even if it did rain and rain and rain, there were also times when everything outside could dry, before getting wet again. This past week it was in the 90's F and, as I said, really humid. It was really unbearable, in my opinion. I'm not a summer weather person, but it looks like my installations are fine for summers, in New England at the very least.

The picture above is Fence Installation Series #1/16, which is in my backyard, looking at it straight on. Below is looking at it diagonally from the side, so you can see the wooden structure next to it, and how the clematis is growing on both. The tall flowers you're seeing in both pictures is Queen Anne's Lace, which is growing in front of the wooden structure that is next to my installation.



Above is a detail shot showing the clematis and below is the back view.


I forgot to take a picture of the same type of clematis which is growing in my side yard, that is already starting to bloom. I look forward to the one in my backyard blooming. Actually, I'm very excited about it.


In my front yard is Fence Installation Series #1/22. The plants around it aren't as wild and interesting, so this piece is sort of a stand alone sculpture. I think this one will look more interesting when it shows and it's sticking out of a snowbank, which is definitely going to happen since it's only a few feet away from the street.


This is a view of the back top. A little droopy and rusty from the pipes holding it up, but otherwise just fine.

More pictures and commentary in a week.