Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekly Update - Front and Back Yard Installations

This is my weekly front and back yard installations update. In my back yard is Fence Installation Series #1/16, seen above.

This week has been a mix of rain and sun. On Tuesday alone, we got 4" of rain (and the weather was so bad that a nearby town had a tornado warning, which is very unusual for eastern Massachusetts). On Wednesday we got a little rain, and then there was sun or sun/clouds the rest of the week until late Saturday night/early Sunday morning when we had very heavy downpours for many hours. I was very worried that the backyard piece was starting to mildew, but looking at it on Sunday morning, when it was finally dry, it looked OK. Phew!

The fall blooming clematis seems happy growing around the installation, and some leaves are grabbing on to the edges of the cut holes.

There's a lot of foliage on the back side which get very little sun.

The batik fabric, which I purchased and appliqued, is starting to fade. The greens are getting more yellowish. I'll keep an eye on that. I don't expect the blacks to fade, nor the green stamped thin lines. They're made with fabric paint, which is acrylic-based. The other flowered fabric was also purchased and seems to be holding up OK so far. When there's sun, this piece gets hours of it early through mid-day.

In my front yard is Fence Installation Series #1/22, as shown above.

The upper corners look floppier that last week.

This shows evidence of splashed mud on the black pipes, and the bottom of the piece.

This is a better detail picture of the floppiness, from the back side.

And this is more evidence of splashed mud at the bottom back side.

I'll post another update next week. I'm hoping we have nice weather with little to no rain.