Monday, May 11, 2009

Thinking About Installations


Thinking about how to create work more for installation, as suggested by all three reviewers I spoke to at my Portfolio Review last week, I am taking the plunge. I have started cutting in to Orange Construction Fence Series #32, which I really didn't like as it was. What a wonderful way to try to bring a new and better life to a piece than to cut it up. The picture above is Operation Cut Up in progress. I'm going to cut in to it some more, and also look at other pieces I don't care for and cut them up too. Fun! I wonder where this will lead.


Here's what it used to look like (yuck).

Don't think I'm going to stop creating wall mounted work because I'm not. This is just another thing to play with. I do think I need more time in the day though.