Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New England Impressions III, The Unique Print


I wasn't going to post anything on my blog today because I didn't think I had anything to say. But, when I woke up and checked my email this morning, a little before 7am, there was a nice note from a woman named Shirley who I reads my blog. In her message, from Australia, she told me that the "New England Impressions III, The Unique Print" show, at the Concord Art Association in Concord, MA (a half hour from my home), can be seen on the web. Cool.

"New England Impressions III, The Unique Print" is on exhibit from March 21 - May 3, 2009. If you're not able to see the show, click here, and then click on "New England Impressions III, The Unique Print." You can then either click on "Installation Slide Show," any of the three (online) galleries where you can see all of the images in the show, or you can see the "NE Impressions" shows from previous years. Enjoy.

The Opening is tomorrow night, from 6-8. I'm looking forward to seeing the work in real life, and also meeting other artists in the show. Two pieces I'm very interested in seeing are by Barbara Petter Putnam, called "Threatened Maine Biomes," described on the website as woodcut/fabric/hand-dyed cotton, machine pieced/hand-quilted, and a piece by Debra Olin called "Gliki’s Flight 3D," described as monoprint/mixed media. Glad to see other fiber lovers in the show.

Thank you Shirley for telling me that the show is online. I love that someone halfway around the world told me about something 22 miles away.