Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2008 Weekly Mixed Media Project


Above is the front side of my 38th Weekly Mixed Media piece this year. Below is the back side, which is pretty plain.


This week, I decided to use some netting-like fabrics I had in my studio, because I enjoyed using them in my felting in past weeks. I don't know what these fabrics are called. I got the thicker black one in New York City, a few years back, when I was fabric shopping. The thin black, and white, knitted netting, is from fabric shopping in Budapest Hungary in the fall of 2006. I am pretty sure it's made out of linen, but not positive, since there was a language barrier. What ever it is made of, it feels like linen to me, and I love the knitting.

This piece ended up on the large size, as I was finishing the felting. I have some really good scraps after cutting it down to 6" x 6", that I can use in future weeks.

You can see my 2008 weekly mixed media work (so far) on my website, and read about it here on my blog.