Thursday, August 21, 2008

Project Runway - Keith's use of Fabric

Spoiler alert if you have not seen Project Runway (on Bravo TV), Episode 6 in Season 5 yet!!!


I LOVE the way Keith Bryce understands and uses fabric when he creates his clothing on Project Runway! This post is not about my thoughts about the fashions he creates. Just about his playfulness with fabric. What a treat!

Here are some of the different ways he's used fabric so far:

1 - torn strips (dress)
2 - layers of scallops (skirt - you have to take my word for it because it's almost impossible to see in this photo.)
3 - whole piece of thin transparent fabric that has body, and becomes opaque when bunched up (skirt)
4 - layers of squares attached at the top as diamonds (dress)

If you watch the show, and you love fabric, I'm sure you'll have a sense of what I'm trying to say.