Friday, August 22, 2008

2008 Weekly Mixed Media Project


Above is the front side of my 34th Weekly Mixed Media piece this year, and below is the back side.


Since I started this project at the beginning of the 2008, I've been posting directions, with photos, about how I made each piece, each week. Documenting it made this project was more than double the time it took to create the art. In evaluating my time, and the fact that I feel like I haven't made as much art as I'd like to this year, I decided to stop documenting my process in this project. I will continue to photograph the front and back sides of each piece.

If you are a reader who has been looking forward to directions each week, my apology. I will continue making Weekly Mixed Media pieces each week through 2008, and posting the final results. I just won't be publishing directions and photos of each step.

You can see my 2008 weekly mixed media work (so far) on my website, and read about it here on my blog.