Saturday, May 24, 2008

Rubberband Balls - Old and New


Quite a few pieces fell off my family's rubberband ball since my last photos from two weeks ago. Above is the front side and below the back. I tried to touching it lightly to see what it felt like, and it's amazingly stiff, almost fossilized.


I try to post updates every two weeks or so. If you'd like to see what it's looked like in the past, click here.To see what the first picture I posted, in July 2007, click here.


Last night, I was gifted another rubberband ball. Above is the front side, and below the back. My mother-in-law gave it to me, but I think it's one of three that my father-in-law "grew". I now (reluctantly) have custody of it. (At least it doesn't need to be walked or fed.)


We've never named our family's rubberband ball, but I think we'll name the new one, so we can tell them apart for discussion's sake. Unless someone recommends a better name, let's call it "rubberband ball junior" (or Jr) since it measures 4.5" tall, and the first one is measuring +/- 6.75". I grabbed a lid from a refrigerator dish for Jr to rest on, though I might find something else for it later. At this point it easily rolls, but that could change soon.

I will probably not post about it every two weeks, like I do with the first one, due to time and the fact that Jr's rubberbands are soft and rubbery, and I don't think it's going to fall apart quickly yet. I'll decide that later. I have no idea how old or young Jr is, compared to my family's. I think ours is about 11 years old, or older. I'll try to get the history on Jr.