Thursday, April 24, 2008

Procrastination


I do not like to do the final step in completing my work, sewing a sleeve on the back of each piece so it can be hung with a rod. I have been procrastinating for more than a year, so it's time to bite the bullet and get it done. Here is a pile of seven pieces that require my attention. I did complete some from my work last year during the Super Bowl, but these seven still need to be sewn.

Since the Boston Celtics are in the play offs (I think that's the term) and it's Red Sox season again, I can do my sewing while keeping my husband company as he watches the games on TV. (As I re-read the past sentence before posting, it sounded funny as a woman who grew up with women's lib. No one in our house watches more than a few hours of weekly TV, not including sporting events. I also enjoy basketball and baseball. That's the main reason why I'll sew during games. I do admit however, that if not for my husband turning the TV on, I wouldn't know there was a game.)