Monday, January 14, 2008

Look at this fence!


I saw a picture of President Bush in Manama, Bahrain on January 12th, greeting our troops. The fence behind him caught my eye. Wow! Looks like tan squiggly version of the orange construction fences I work with. I would LOVE to get a few feet of that fence to print from in my artwork!!!!!

My most favorite orange construction fence is from Italy. A friend of mine passed by a construction site while on vacation, and asked for a piece of fence, using handle signals since she didn't speak a word of Italian. It's very thin, and has a wonderful oval pattern.


In 2006, I fell in love with the Winter Olympics logo because it had a fence-like pattern, and I remember the blue snow fencing was pretty incredible during skiing events. That would have been a cool piece of Olympics memorabilia to have. I searched the web for hours hoping to be able to find a piece I could buy, but no luck.