Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Football Pool and Hand Sewing!

I've found a good time to do some creative hand sewing. It's during televised football games. I got a lot accomplished when I joined my husband and friends who were watching as the New England Patriots played the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night.
I have tried and tried, but I just don't "get" football. I've had the game explained to me dozens of times but i just don't understand it. It's very confusing to me.

My lack of knowledge about football was my reason for joining a local football pool. I have some friends who LOVE football, and they've had a pool for years. I wanted to give it a try. Each week for the past six weeks, I've been making my "picks". How would someone who doesn't like or understand football pick? I had considered choosing by which team had the nicest uniforms but I don't have the time right now to do the research.


Instead, I pick which city I like the best between each match-up, each week. Sometimes it's hard to choose, and sometimes it's not. It's only week six (out of 17 I think), but guess who's winning the pool right now?!?!? This is fun. I'll report back in a couple of weeks about how it's going (with the pool and the hand sewing).