Friday, June 1, 2007

Green Construction Fence and more

Last weekend, at a Farmer's Market, I saw a vendor who had a green construction. This fence was similar to one of the orange pieces I have, but is a very thin plastic. My favorite fences are the thin ones because they are easier to print off of. The bumpy fences make printing difficult because it's hard to pick up the texture of the grid when your hand is bumping along.

I asked the vendor if I could have a piece of her green fence and she was not at all interested in sharing it. That's life. BUT! She did tell me where she go it. Back at home, I immediately went to Gemper's online catalog fence page, and there was the green fence, as well as other shapes and colors.


Fence color is (obviously) not important to me, since I'm printing off of them, not attaching them. The only fence I didn't seem to already have, or that was of interest, was the green "Safety Fence", so I ordered it. It's a few days later, and I'm now the proud owner of a roll that's 4' X 50', which is more than a lifetime supply.


I noticed that on sale, was a roll of "Silver Hardware Net", for only a few dollars, so I decided to get that too. That roll also arrived today, and it's 2' X 15'. The grid is about 3/8" x 5/8", and is more textured. Also, the sizes of the rows of grids is inconsistant, which makes it much more interesting to me. I can see using this a few times, and I have a few friends who might enjoy using it too.

I'll have to find some time to print the green fence ASAP. I would like to use it when using the NY Times images as inspiration.