Tuesday, August 30, 2011

12 x 12 x 12 August 2011

August was another month where I finished my monthly 12 x 12 x 12 at the end of the month. I always try to get each piece done earlier in the month, but August was a busy time, which included a week of vacation, plus many other things that kept me away from my studio.

The inspiration for my August piece was the summer part of my Seasonal Fences series, the same influence as last month's. Both have monoprinted and painted fabric from the Summer Seasonal Fence series.

The difference between my July and August pieces is that the August piece breaks out of the grid and has a lot more color. I can't decide if I like this piece, or the July piece either, but it doesn't really matter. I work on this series as a way to try new ideas and techniques that I might not be able to try otherwise.

As I’ve already said, over the summer I worked on five summer Seasonal Fences pieces, which I have finally finished and which will be photographed next week. I'll add them to my website as soon as I receive the images from my photographer.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" board. See the work I've made in this series on my website.