Saturday, February 2, 2008

New work!


Orange Construction Fence Series #57


Orange Construction Fence Series #58

I started working on both of these pieces back in July 2007. They took a long time partly because I took time away from them when my book, The Uncommon Quilter came out on October 9, 2007, and also because they were difficult pieces for me to create. Both of these pieces combine two ideas. One idea was from a picture I saw in the New York Times Magazine architecture section in May 2007, and the other idea was inspired by beautiful small blue glass mosaic tiles some friends installed in a bathroom renovation. Getting these two elements to work together was a challenge, but I think I did it successfully.

If you have time on your hands, you can follow the trail back to the beginning of this project, here on my blog. On January 12, 2008, I discussed how I was using Photoshop to help me with the finishing details with the tiles in #58. On December 17, 2007, I discussed other issues, and that post has leads the trail back in time.

More information about Orange Construction Fence Series #57 and #58 can be found on my website.