Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 January 2016


Happy New Year! I'm committed to continuing my 12 x 12 x 12 series into 2016, for a tenth year. My new inspiration this year is acrylic photos from this past autumn. Last year, when I used photos from the previous winter, I only used black and white photos. This year will include color (and perhaps also black and white) photos of leaves or pine needles, on grass or the side of the road. I'm excited about the new challenges using color photos will bring.

12 x 12 x 12 January 2016 also includes monoprinted construction fence fabric. For this piece, I used scraps I saved in 2015. I collaged them on the board before I added the photos and did some additional painting.

Below is a detail that shows the photos and a little bit of painting. Do you see the leaves, grass and pine needles?