Saturday, June 16, 2012

Working on My Installation


96’ of fabric have been printed, painted and stamped for Fence/Curtain 2.0, my new temporary public art installation for the Boston Center for the Arts.

All but two of the 16' and 8' lengths have been coated with watered down matt medium so it’ll be stiffened and water resistant. I’ll do the last two in the next few days, before a heat wave arrives mid-week and it'll be uncomfortable to work in my larger studio.

I've started cutting hundreds of holes and/or flaps in the fabric, which will give it a draping quality. That's the most time consuming part, but luckily I can do it at either one of my two studios, depending on the weather and my schedule.

Please save the date of Friday July 13th at 6pm and join me in introducing you to this new installation at the Opening.