Friday, June 1, 2012

On Exhibit: Off the Wall




I'm very happy to be showing this piece, which I made a year ago when I was at an art residency at the Vermont Studio Center. The Fence As Lace #1 is one of ten pieces I made while there, and I added a few more to the series after I returned home. The Fence As Lace series was my first opportunity to create large work, and it's led to many wonderful opportunities, including my first huge installation Fence/Curtain 1.0.

There are two shows running concurrently at the Danforth Museum, Off the Wall and A Community of Artists. If you can get to the Danforth while both shows are up, you'll be happy you did. There are many talented artists included in both shows, and a lot of great art to see. 

Shown: The Fence As Lace #1, mixed media on stiffened fabric, 66" x 48", 2011