Monday, February 20, 2012

Inspiration and Planning Ahead

This picture is such an inspiration to me. I LOVE the fallen down stockade fences next to the fallen construction fences.

I have been thinking ahead to the next series to work on after I’m finished working on the series with the "holes" that's halfway complete. Up next is going to be a series that is inspired by the piece below, which is 12 x 12 x 12 May 2011, part of my 2011 monthly series, which is a time for me to try out new ideas.

I really like the contrast of the monoprinted construction fence along with the photos of construction fences in this piece.

Last week I started making "skins" of photos I've taken of bunched up construction fences similar to those in the piece above. As I've been preparing the skins and planning in my head, I didn't know why I was suddenly interested in doing this series sooner than later, but I've figured out why.

The picture is a detail from a picture of work in progress on the website I recently designed for Landscape Visions Corp, and I've been thinking about it for over two months, since I first saw this picture. Funny thing is sometimes I don't see the connections, even if they are right in front of me.

Six 16” square boards are ready and waiting for me to use for this series. Once the skins are finished, the next step is monoprinting fabric. Then the real fun begins.