Saturday, September 10, 2011

Events from September 11 - December 29, 2001

I hesitate to post anything 9/11 related since there’s so much in the media, and it’s very overwhelming, but since my contribution is mostly visual I decided to do it.

Until almost two years ago, I quilted my artwork, and part of that included my making a small quilt each week from 1999 through 2005.

Out of the 356 small quilts I made, the twelve I made from September 9 – December 2001 were mainly about what was going on in the world, but also a little about what was going on in my life or my thoughts about what was going on in the world.

On the back of each quilt I always wrote notes about what it was about. If you’d like to read the notes, please click here and read them on my website on a special page I made about them back in 2001.