Thursday, December 16, 2010

12 x 12 x 12 December 2010

I took advantage of my monthly time to experiment, with my first try at making my own construction fences with acrylic paints, when making my December 12 x 12 x 12. This piece uses two of the four acrylic fences I created, plus two fabric monoprints of fences, layered one on top of another.

While I'm not planning on abandoning fabric all together, do expect new and more painterly work from me in 2011. I have purchased many new art materials, and I will be experimenting with making more fence sections. I look forward to playing in my studio, and also for a class I'm taking in mid-January where I'll learn more about mediums and gels.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series are mixed media on 12" x 12" x 1" canvas. If you want to know more about it, you can read past posts here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.