Saturday, November 14, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 November 2009


When I was thinking of what to use for inspiration this month, I decided to consider the focal point piece in my show, "Off the Fence" at Providence College. I am getting a lot of positive comments about Orange Construction Fence Series #32/71 which has me to thinking about creating more fence-like cut pieces.

Since the 12 x 12 x 12 series are mounted on canvases when complete, I couldn't really cut holes in it unless I also cut holes in the canvas (which is a thought but I didn't want to do it this month). Instead, I decided to cut holes in the painted fabric, and place a different patterned fabric behind it, and give the allusion of a cut piece.

This month I created my monthly piece with plenty of time to spare in November. In October, I didn't make it until very late in the month, because it was so hectic.

More information about 12 x 12 x 12 November 2009 can be seen on my website.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.