Friday, September 18, 2009

12 x 12 x 12 September 2009



New work. I finally was able to finish my 12 x 12 x 12 September 2009, in between everything else I've been working on (like web design, sweaters, Open Studios prep, my solo show prep, etc). For this piece I tried the new Golden Liquid Acrylics that I bought a week ago when we left the Red Sox game due to a rain delay and stopped by Dick Blick while on the way home, as I described here.

Because I was short on time, I used two different already printed construction fence fabrics, and put them together while paying attention to the different sized grids. I didn't have a plan. Everything I did was what popped into my mind at the time. I admit I was distracted, and that I felt rushed. This piece is OK. It's not bad or really good.

Hopefully next month, which is going to be even busier than this month, I'll start my 12 x 12 x 12 much earlier so I can play around with it more than I did this month.

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.