Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sweaters Update


Since my July 18th sweater update, I now have a total of 35 redesigned sweaters. Fourteen already have buttons on them, and 21 still need buttons.

Below is a list of sizes of these 35 sweaters, but I have to say that the sizes marked on each one is not to be totally trusted. Some examples, some large sizes seem really small to me, and some seem like extra large. Since these are previously used sweaters, some had also been washed and shrunk, so that sometimes adds to the size labels that don't necessarily match to the actual size it is now. And then there's the fact that when I cut a pullover to open it up into a cardigan, it adds another 1.5" to the width because of the new front placket.

When I sell them at Open Studios and trunk shows, interested people will have to try them on, and see what fits, and not pay much attention to the size labels.

This is an approximate list of sizes completed to date:

XSM
SM - II
PM - I
M - IIIII IIIII II
L - IIIII IIIII I
XL - IIII
2X
22/24 - I
34 - I
XXL - I
XXL tall - I

When I work on my next batch, I will focus on smalls, and if there's time do some more larger sizes.

My goal was to get 50 done by Labor Day. Not sure if that's possible, but I think I'll have at least 40. I also need to make or buy, and sew on the buttons.

Shown at the top of this post is a zipper cardigan sweater, size large (but it feels more like an extra-large), 100% wool, felted embellishment.