Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2008 Weekly Mixed Media Project


These are pictures of the front and back sides of my 47th Weekly Mixed Media piece this year.


This week I wanted to try felting gray fleece squares on black wool felt, to see how a regular pattern would turn out, and how I could change the "color" of the gray via the felting technique and not changing the actual fleece.

After I was more or less finished, I realized it it needed something, so I snipped a + in four squares in the upper left. It's not very obvious in the photos, since my scanner flattened it when the lid was down, but it does add some color and dimension "in person."

You can see my 2008 weekly mixed media work (so far) on my website, and read about it here on my blog. Only five more weeks to go before the end of the year (and this project).