Thursday, November 20, 2008

12 x 12 x 12 November 2008


Presenting 12 x 12 x 12 Series November 2008.

This piece was originally part of a bigger piece, from back in the days before I started my Recycled Fence Series. This particular piece had been hanging in my husband's old office, and was ruined during a rain storm, when a roof leak resulted in water all over his desk and on my artwork on the wall. After it dried, and I cut the unsoiled parts out for future use.

The big monoprinted circle, and hand stamped squares were from that piece. A week ago, I used a (green) construction fence as a stencil and painted in the cut holes. When the paint was dry, I stitched orange thread over the blank areas from the fence. Because it was too short (only 11" or so) I added a leftover strip of stamped circles, to get to 12" in depth, since the pieces in this series are 12" x 12".

If you want to know more about this series, you can read past posts about my 12 x 12 x 12 series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.