Saturday, October 4, 2008

2008 Weekly Mixed Media Project


This week didn't feel THAT busy, but it was busy enough that every time I was about to start my Weekly Mixed Media piece, something happened to distract me. (This is the front side of my 40th piece this year, and below is the back side.)


So all of the sudden it was 5:00pm on Friday, and I had a few minutes to work on it, before it was time to help cook dinner. What to do?

I took strips of felt made in previous weeks, figured out a decent placement, and zigzagged them together. Then I cut it down to 6" square and it was done. A few quick scans on my computer, so I could post them here, and on my website, and then my husband called saying he's on his way home. Phew.

My weekly deadline is actually Saturday night, but I wanted to make this, just in case I got busy on Saturday and forgot. Wouldn't want to ruin my yearlong project, since the end is in sight. I'm going to try to make next week's piece on Sunday or Monday, so I'm not so last minute about it again.

You can see my 2008 weekly mixed media work (so far) on my website, and read about it here on my blog.