Switching back and forth between projects, I have finished painting the first piece of Natick Mall fabric. I had originally wanted to have double ovals on this piece, similar to the double windows in the photo, but I didn't like it after I painted it that way. Here is a picture of the front of the fabric with the doubles. One is circled as an example:
and here is the same piece of fabric with the double ovals separated:
Looking at the back side of the same piece, one double oval is circled:
and here is the back of the same side of the fabric with the double oval separated:
I like both the front and back sides, so I'm going to need to think about which side I'm going to use face side out. I think closing the double ovals with the silver/gray fabric paint was the right decision.