Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Printing/Painting on Fabric


I'm halfway through painting the second of two pieces of fabric inspired by a photo I took of the condos being built at the Natick Mall. The first piece has some double ovals in the design. I decided I don't like it, so I decided the second piece would not have them. I've detailed both pieces of fabric, with the sections circled to explain what I'm talking about. The above image is of the second piece with the smaller ovals.


...and this is the first piece, with the double (larger) ovals. I am actually planning on splitting the large ovals in to two separate sections, but I'm going to use gray paint to do it, instead of the brownish paint in the other piece.

I'm hoping to finish both pieces in the next few days and I'll share more photos at that time.