Saturday, September 26, 2020

New work: Donating Blood Because I Can't Donate my Second Kidney

 

After donating my left kidney to a woman I don't know in Wisconsin in December 2019, in exchange for the kidney my son received in October 2019, I feel that I want to do more to physically help others during the pandemic, so I decided to give blood, something I haven't done since 2012.

I went to an American Red Cross donation center in August 2020, not knowing that they actually tell you where your blood went.

A few weeks later I received an email that told me that my blood donation was sent to Holy Family Hospital in Methuen MA to help a patient in need. 

That inspired me to not only donate again, but to also create a painting about it. 

Donating Blood Because I Can't Donate my Second Kidney, measures 19” x 23” and is mixed media on stiffened fabric.