Tuesday, September 22, 2020

New Work Still in Progress: Blood Donation Painting

 

New work still in progress. I did some more work on my blood donation painting. I glued the squares to the base and I sewed three lines of dark red stitches inside each of the empty rows of squares. 

I have more to do, including deciding how to crop it.

I decided to make this painting because after donating my kidney in October 2019, I want to do more to physically help others, and I decided to give blood.

A few weeks after my blood donation, I found out through the Red Cross that my blood was sent to Holy Family Hospital in Methuen MA to help a patient in need.  

That's totally inspired me to donate again. I already have my next appointment scheduled.

There are a few more steps to go before this painting is finished. I hope to get some time in the evenings this week, or sometime next weekend.