Tuesday, December 24, 2013

12 x 12 x 12 December 2013


Presenting 12 x 12 x 12 December 2013. It's the twelfth piece I made in my monthly series in 2013, and it finishes out my seventh year of making a mixed media piece on 12" x 12" x 1" board.

The 12 x 12 x 12 monthly series is my monthly time to play with materials or an idea. With the exception of a few I made that I don't care for this year, I would call this year of exploration a personal success. I played with new ideas and experimented with different techniques. Both led to my branching out in new directions in larger work this year, and it lead me to play with color in new and fun ways.

You can read past posts about this series here on my blog, or see all of the completed work on my website.

I look forward to creating more work in this series in 2014.