Sunday, April 7, 2013

Busy Week Ahead


On Wednesday April 10, from 10:30am - noon, I'll be giving a demo at the Concord Art Association, in Concord, MA, called "Uncommon Cards: Creating large work to make small cards." At the demo I'll be showing and discussing my artwork, I'll demo how I work on a piece of art, talk about my upcoming book Uncommon Cards, and I'll show the actual cards that will be in my book. I will also be answering audience questions. Unfortunately there has been a delay in the publication date of my book, so I will not have the book there to share.


On Thursday, April 11, at 7:00pm, I'll be on a participating in "The Experience of a Coaching Group for Artists," a panel discussion with artists who are in the exhibit, A Room of Our Own, at Concord Art Association, who are also a part of a ten person, self-coaching artist group. We'll discuss how often we meet, what professional development topics are discussed and what a typical meeting entails. Group members will share how their careers have developed as a direct result of the work done in the group and from networking with each other. There will also be time for questions.

Participating artists in the panel, and art exhibit, are: Adria Arch, Brenda Cirioni, Jodi Colella, Catherine Evans, Ilana Manolson, Margot Stage, Kathleen Volp, Martha Wakefield, me (Jeanne Williamson), and Merill Comeau, who will also be the moderator.


A Room of Our Own is on exhibit through May 5, 2013. My work in the show is my semi-autobiographical series, (Fence) Shirts And (Hot) Flashes #1-6, and a temporary art installation is outside.


Shown above: (Fence) Shirts And (Hot) Flashes #1, mixed media on cradled board, 18" x 14" x 1", 2012