Monday, May 9, 2011

Artist Residency - getting to work



I'm taking advantage of having two weeks at an artist residency in northern VT, by getting right to work. Last night after dinner I monoprinted 9.5' of construction fencing so it could dry overnight. This morning after breakfast I monoprinted another 9.5' of a slightly different combo of patterns. On the wall is the back side of the fabric from last night. On the floor is what I did this morning. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I'm glad to have jumped right in to working.

My studio back at home is less than half the size of what I have here, so I'm taking full advantage of the space, and of course the time.

Below is a "sketch" brewing on the wall from actual pieces of fencing. I'll probably print from it later today. And I have some more ideas swimming around in my head. I'm really glad to have this opportunity.