Saturday, April 30, 2011

Seasonal Fences - Spring almost done


It's been a busy couple of weeks. I've been trying to be as organized as possible with my web design work and writing, and also the different local town meetings in which I participate, so I have studio time. Because of that, I've been able to grab good blocks of time to work on a new sub series, Seasonal Fences - Spring, which is almost finished.


The Seasonal Fences Series are abstractions of different colors of fences in contrast to the landscape. Seasonal Fences - Spring will be the landscape in the springtime, with hints of growing plants (I hope). I'm still working on that part, which I think I can do successfully. My plan is to be finished by the end of next week.


For Seasonal Fences - Winter, which I completed a few weeks ago, the landscape is the snow around the fences.


Each piece in this series is mixed media on cradled board, and they measure 22" x 10" x 1" individually. They will be able to be hung as a group by season, individually, or in pairs by coordinating fence colors.